Delaware Valley Opera Company presents a free concert at 3pm on October 22.
Tuesday, 8/29 at dusk, watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens under the stars at Gorgas Park
Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors for making these events possible.
We at the Friends of Gorgas Park want to extend our thanks to all of the wonderful local businesses who make our summer concert series possible.
Parks on Tap will bring its traveling beer garden to Gorgas Park next week and we have a weekend full of events!
Wednesday, August 9 Parks on Tap kicks off with a Happy Hour fundraiser from 5-7pm to benefit us, The Friends of Gorgas Park!
Friday, August 11, the Farmer’s Market is open at Gorgas Park from 3-7pm with fresh fruits and veggies from .
Saturday, August 12 Plush classic rock and soul returns to Gorgas Park from 5-7 pm.
Sunday, August 13 the talented Joy Ike comes to Gorgas Park for the first time.
Parks on Tap hours are:
See their Facebook page for more details.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 29, 2017 (10 am to 2 pm) and join us for the 9th annual Veterans Tribute Concert at Gorgas Park [6300 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19128]. The day will honor our community’s World War II and Korean War Veterans as well as Veterans from the Coatesville VA Medical Center. There will be music and entertainment activities and tables provided by numerous community and civic groups. Local Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops will be on hand as volunteers sharing the ideals and fun of scouting.
- 10:30 am: The Merion Concert Band, with more than 40 volunteer members under the direction of Nathan Snyder, will perform the National Anthem, followed by a concert military, popular, and classical music.
- 11:00 am: Lunch will be served to our honored guests the Veterans form World War II, the Korean War, and the Coatesville VA Medical Center. Food and beverages will be available for the public to purchase.
- 11:45 am: Old Academy Players will perform a scene from the comedy “Men Are Dogs” written by Joe Simonelli, American playwright.
- 12:00 Noon: The Phillie Phanatic will entertain.
- 12:15 pm: Certificates of Honor will be presented to World War II and Korean War Veterans
- 12:30 pm: The Savoy Company will perform a concert version of Gilbert and Sullivan’s comic opera, H.M.S. Pinafore.
- 12:50 pm: General Longstreet’s Headquarters Civil War re-enactors will present a living history.
- 2:30 pm: Coatesville veterans will depart.
The full press release is on the Roxborough Patch.