Delaware Valley Opera Company presents a free concert at 3pm on October 22.
Tuesday, 8/29 at dusk, watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens under the stars at Gorgas Park
Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors for making these events possible.
Parks on Tap will bring its traveling beer garden to Gorgas Park next week and we have a weekend full of events!
Wednesday, August 9 Parks on Tap kicks off with a Happy Hour fundraiser from 5-7pm to benefit us, The Friends of Gorgas Park!
Friday, August 11, the Farmer’s Market is open at Gorgas Park from 3-7pm with fresh fruits and veggies from .
Saturday, August 12 Plush classic rock and soul returns to Gorgas Park from 5-7 pm.
Sunday, August 13 the talented Joy Ike comes to Gorgas Park for the first time.
Parks on Tap hours are:
Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 29, 2017 (10 am to 2 pm) and join us for the 9th annual Veterans Tribute Concert at Gorgas Park [6300 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19128]. The day will honor our community’s World War II and Korean War Veterans as well as Veterans from the Coatesville VA Medical Center. There will be music and entertainment activities and tables provided by numerous community and civic groups. Local Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops will be on hand as volunteers sharing the ideals and fun of scouting.
- 10:30 am: The Merion Concert Band, with more than 40 volunteer members under the direction of Nathan Snyder, will perform the National Anthem, followed by a concert military, popular, and classical music.
- 11:00 am: Lunch will be served to our honored guests the Veterans form World War II, the Korean War, and the Coatesville VA Medical Center. Food and beverages will be available for the public to purchase.
- 11:45 am: Old Academy Players will perform a scene from the comedy “Men Are Dogs” written by Joe Simonelli, American playwright.
- 12:00 Noon: The Phillie Phanatic will entertain.
- 12:15 pm: Certificates of Honor will be presented to World War II and Korean War Veterans
- 12:30 pm: The Savoy Company will perform a concert version of Gilbert and Sullivan’s comic opera, H.M.S. Pinafore.
- 12:50 pm: General Longstreet’s Headquarters Civil War re-enactors will present a living history.
- 2:30 pm: Coatesville veterans will depart.
The full press release is on the Roxborough Patch.
The Duke Brothers are back to rock at Gorgas Park next Thursday at 7pm.
This Sunday marks the 15th year since the horrific attacks on the United States by terrorists. In Gorgas Park, there will be a Candlelight Vigil and a Special Concert dedicated to the many Americans who lost their lives on that Fateful Day.
6pm – Candlelight Prayer Vigil at the World War 1 Monument hosted by the 21st Ward Veterans Association. Our Police and Fire Departments will also be honored.
7:15pm – Hooligans Irish Band Concert.
Note: Since 2001 – on September 11th a
Memorial Service and a Concert has been held in Gorgas Park. The purpose has been two-fold.
One- we remember the innocent victims who were killed on that day in New York City, in Washington and in a field in Pennsylvania. Those who died so needlessly live in our memories today. We do not forget.
Second – hosting a concert is an affirmation of the American Spirit. We celebrate in Gorgas Park as free men and women our rights and freedoms. We endure as strong as ever as a nation since the attacks in 2001.
Please come together with us in Gorgas Park this Sunday September 11th, 2016.