See their Facebook page for more details.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 29, 2017 (10 am to 2 pm) and join us for the 9th annual Veterans Tribute Concert at Gorgas Park [6300 Ridge Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19128]. The day will honor our community’s World War II and Korean War Veterans as well as Veterans from the Coatesville VA Medical Center. There will be music and entertainment activities and tables provided by numerous community and civic groups. Local Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops will be on hand as volunteers sharing the ideals and fun of scouting.
- 10:30 am: The Merion Concert Band, with more than 40 volunteer members under the direction of Nathan Snyder, will perform the National Anthem, followed by a concert military, popular, and classical music.
- 11:00 am: Lunch will be served to our honored guests the Veterans form World War II, the Korean War, and the Coatesville VA Medical Center. Food and beverages will be available for the public to purchase.
- 11:45 am: Old Academy Players will perform a scene from the comedy “Men Are Dogs” written by Joe Simonelli, American playwright.
- 12:00 Noon: The Phillie Phanatic will entertain.
- 12:15 pm: Certificates of Honor will be presented to World War II and Korean War Veterans
- 12:30 pm: The Savoy Company will perform a concert version of Gilbert and Sullivan’s comic opera, H.M.S. Pinafore.
- 12:50 pm: General Longstreet’s Headquarters Civil War re-enactors will present a living history.
- 2:30 pm: Coatesville veterans will depart.
The full press release is on the Roxborough Patch.
The 21st Ward Theater Company is a brand new company performing plays in Gorgas Park in the Roxborough / Manayunk section of Philadelphia.
This weekend they will perform 3 short plays in Gorgas Park. Performances are Saturday, September 17th at 6pm and Sunday, September 18th at 2pm.
Two strangers meet for a picnic — sans their mutual friend — using a certain book to find each other. Together, they try to figure out what might still be possible.
The Rainbow premiered at the American Globe Theatre and was later named as a finalist for the Actors Theatre of Louisville’s 2012 Heideman Award. It is anthologized in The Best American Short Plays: 2012-2013 published by Applause.
Hidden in this Picture
It’s the potential Academy Award-winning shot – will that still be the case when cows wander into the frame?
Hidden in This Picture is by Aaron Sorkin, the writer who brought you The West Wing, Jobs, Sports Night, and Newsroom.
Celeste has a million things happening at once, the last thing she needed was for SEPTA to stop running.
Potato Salad is a new piece devised and written by company members.